Do you need to replace your antiquated EHR system? And you want to do it quickly with as little negative impact as possible on your team of physicians and front office staff? We’re sure your executives will want to take the opportunity to improve operational processes and adopt a process-driven approach, and of course complete the information systems (IS) solution selection in a shorter amount of time than usual. We can help! The steps we typically follow are:
Process Mapping: to understand your current state of operations. Working side by side with you, we will follow a comprehensive process mapping, identifying six groups of processes with 27 sub processes.
Process Re-Engineering: we will map out each process to identify non-value added activities embedded in the old information system, and highlight the gaps that need to be filled in the new system. This comprehensive process analysis ensures that the new system will not only support users’ needs, but also will help to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
Examples of a few areas for improvements could include:
- Real Time Work Lists
- Systems Flags and Triggers
- Key Performance Indicators
System Specifications: Upon defining the new processes, it is essential for the new system to support the redesigned processes. In addition, it needs to be customizable to include the desired configuration, fields, and reports that will support your goals. We will create a comprehensive specification document, encompassing all processes and configuration requirements for the newly implemented system.
System Selection Process: After the specifications are completed, you will need to find a provider that will provide or build the product and support your needs. The system selection process typcially comprises of three steps:
- Research for solutions and software packages in the EHR field. This includes identification of commonly used off-the-shelf systems and a study of their capabilities. Our team is already strongly versed in all the available EHR solutions in the USA.
- Development of scripted scenarios and invitation to select vendors to participate in this unique Request for Proposals (RFP) process: specific process-driven scenarios will be developed, and vendors will be requested to present how their systems support these situations, including real-time cases, and ability to comply with the various requirements as defined in the script.
- Pair-wise decision making evaluates each vendor’s software capabilities to understand how each measures against your requirements. In a pair-wise comparison each system is compared “head-to-head” with another system, on each criterion that you pre-define. The evaluator not only is being asked to select preference, but is also requested to quantify how much more you prefer the selected alternative – for each criterion. A multi-disciplinary group will need to be assembled, comprised of software and database experts, users, managers, and our SKP consultants to evaluate the vendor’s capabilities.
Expect Performance Excellence to be Delivered
- Reduced Timeline for Vendor Selection
- Productivity Improvement by all users
- Accuracy and timeliness for medical billings
- Improved collections